You are free:
|to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work|
|to Remix — to adapt the work|
Under the following conditions:
With the understanding that:
Waiver — Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
Public Domain — Where the work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
Other Rights — In no way are any of the following rights affected by the license:
Notice — For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/.
Frequently asked questions
What does "conditions can be waived" mean?
- CC licenses anticipate that a licensor may want to waive compliance with a specific condition, such as attribution. Learn more
What does "Public Domain" mean?
- A work is in the public domain when it is free for use by anyone for any purpose without restriction under copyright. Learn more
What does "Fair use" mean?
- All jurisdictions allow some limited uses of copyrighted material without permission. CC licenses do not affect the rights of users under those copyright limitations and exceptions, such as fair use and fair dealing where applicable. Learn more
What are "Moral Rights"?
- In addition to the right of licensors to request removal of their name from the work when used in a derivative or collective they don't like, copyright laws in most jurisdictions around the world (with the notable exception of the US except in very limited circumstances) grant creators "moral rights" which may provide some redress if a derivative work represents a "derogatory treatment" of the licensor's work. Learn more
What are "Publicity Rights"?
- Publicity rights allow individuals to control how their voice, image or likeness is used for commercial purposes in public. If a CC-licensed work includes the voice or image of anyone other than the licensor, a user of the work may need to get permission from those individuals before using the work for commercial purposes. Learn more
This is a human-readable summary of the Legal Code (the full license).